Tuesday, November 9, 2010

journal #1 hunger games

In the book "The Hunger Games'' the scene where Katniss was getting interviewed and the man said "let's go back to the moment where your sister's name was called.'' "what did she say to you? After the reaping?" Katniss replied "she asked me to try really hard to win."  p129 I believe this is foreshadowing for the turnout of the hunger games. The way they showed how Prim wants her sister to win so badly will give Katniss the extra push to win and stay alive to come back and provide for her mom and younger sister. Katniss will have to fight all the other tributes and if she gets her hands on a bow she will have a fighting chance. Katniss is a master archer and a bow in her hand means she will be able to take down the other tributes from a distance.

The way Katniss had stood up for her sister I can connect to because if anything like this would ever happen to my sister or family I'd put myself before them and take it personally. The way Katniss Doesn't want to lose her sister and uses this as motivation would be the same way I would react to this type of situation. Being put into a scenario where if you possibly wont be able to see your family again would be enough motivation for me to give it my all and be determined not to lose so I could go back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment